Welcome and Make Yourself at Home

Little bee is a small bakery born from a love of baking. Everything is handmade and from 'scratch'. It's a great feeling to know people enjoy something you have made.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tips on Cracking an Egg


My son who just turned 12, has always been able to crack an egg with 1 hand. From the first time he picked up an egg about 3 years ago to crack it, he did it with one hand.
Anyway, I try to get my kids in the kitchen from time to time to teach them the basics. I myself and my son have always cracked the egg on the side of the bowl. It seemed to always work for me. I recently read about a sure proof way to crack an egg. It said to crack the egg on the counter, to ensure a clean crack around the egg every time. The first couple times I tried it, I must admit I wasn't completely sold. But as time has gone on, I have found that just about every egg does crack perfectly. And believe me, I crack a lot of eggs. So I am passing this along for all of you to try. But you must give it a few tries and really compare it to the cracks you get on the side of the bowl. My son now also cracks on the counter...two eggs...one in each hand!

No comments: