Welcome and Make Yourself at Home

Little bee is a small bakery born from a love of baking. Everything is handmade and from 'scratch'. It's a great feeling to know people enjoy something you have made.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Homemade Biscuit Tips

A homemade biscuit is always better! When you are cutting out your biscuits, never twist the cutter as this seals the edges of the biscuits and prevents them from rising. Instead, just press straight down and pull up. Always flour your counter generously as well as your hands and the cutter's edge. This will assist in the straight up and down cuts. Good Luck!

2 comments:

Sailor Mom said...

Thank you for that tip. I have always twisted. I don't make biscuits often as they seem to attach to my hips, but next time I will try this.

christy said...

I can't wait to try this! Cool tip